[MPlayer-users] Bug in ASF codec ?

Christian Tsotras 7070 at free.fr
Sat Dec 11 01:32:54 CET 2004

Hello, Reimar.

Thanks a lot for your work, the stream selection works very well with
the first patch. The -vid option does its job.

I have some problems of visualisation of the picture: mplayer just shows
a static image. Sound works almost normally, I hear some small
interruptions in sound at some times.

Maybe it is due to compilation issues: it's the first time I compiled
mplayer from scratch, so integration of the codecs may not have been
perfectly done, I don't know. But if codec didn't work, shouldn't I have no
image at all ? I tried to play an AVI movie and it works.

I'm not expert on mplayer from scratch installations, as I always used
the rpm mplayer distribution.

Tomorrow I'll test the second patch, the compilation takes at least
30 minutes on my PC, and it's late for me now.

If you need something, ask for it, I'll try to help you.

Thanks for your work.

--
Christian Tsotras - http://www.photo.net/photos/cts