[MPlayer-users] An error message while doing 'make'

Pine Sol pine.solution at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 04:22:14 CET 2004

Thank you for your help, Giamcomo.

I am kind of new to linux and MPlayer. So I would like to ask you to submit
again if it's not too too much troubl. Thank you agin.

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 09:54:08PM -0600, Pine Sol wrote:
> Source code: MPlayer-1.0pre5
> ./congigure --enable-GUI --disable-runtime-cpudetection
> I did not see any definite error message.
>
> After 'make'
> An error message: in part
>
> ffv1.c: In function `encode_rgb_frame':
> ffv1.c:465: internal compiler error: in find_function_data, at
function.c:329
> Please submit a full bug report,
> Aany suggestion?

This is a bug of gcc 3.3.x

You have two options:

1) upgrate to gcc 3.4.x
2) apply a patch that allow the use gcc 3.3.x

if you search the mailing list you will find
the patch.

If you cannot find it I can submit it again.

(The patch is also included in the tar archive of encode2mpeg)

Giacomo