[MPlayer-users] Re: video out onto two screens - terrible framedrop with audio on

Reimar =?UTF8?Q?D=F6ffinger?= Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Dec 16 14:29:54 CET 2004

Hi,
> (cat stream.yuv | tee mp1 > mp2 ) &
> mplayer -nocache -quiet -vo x11 -display $disp1 mp1 &
> mplayer -nocache -quiet -vo xv -display $disp2 mp2 &
> mplayer -nocache -vo yuv4mpeg -slave -quiet "$1"

As I already wrote this just can't work. You absolutely _must_ specify -benchmark for the two slave mplayers, because otherwise all of them will try
to do timing and completely step onto each others feet, literally speaking.
If you have sound, the one playing the sound must (and always will) handle timing, otherwise it doesn't matter which one.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger