[MPlayer-users] How to play old Real stream

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Thu Dec 16 14:55:55 CET 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 11:38:15AM +0100, Mario Valle wrote:
> Dear all,
> I tried to play this Real stream:
> <pnm://zuul.ncsa.uiuc.edu/arrott2/media/sevrstorm.rmd>
> It plays correctly in the standard RealPlayer on Windows, but mplayer
> refuses to show anything in the window (see below the log). This seems due
> to the fact that I have installed the RV9 codecs from the mplayer web page
> but no RV10 codec. Then I tried to find a RV10 codec on the Real website,
> but it is a maze that never point you to a codec package...
> Do you have any idea about what can I do?
> Thanks!
> 			mario

The codec RV10 is not the latest but the oldest (read it as 1.0)
So it is supported very well by realplayer libs and ffmpeg.

The problem probably is related to the pnm protocol that mplayer
doesn't support very well, but I could be wrong.

More expert people on the list can help you with your problem.

In the mean time you can watch the video with realplayer for linux too.

Giacomo