[MPlayer-users] mplayer can't determine subtitle format useing the switch sub

Heine Laursen maillist at gozar.dynu.com
Tue Dec 21 00:42:11 CET 2004

Hi.

I have graped subtitles from a dvd useing:
mencoder -noskip -dvd-device /dev/sr0 -ovc copy -oac copy -o /dev/null
-vobsubout subtitles -vobsuboutindex 0 -vobsuboutid da -sid 1 dvd://1

And now when i try to use it with mplayer I get the error:
SUB: Could not determine file format
Cannot load subtitles: subtitles.sub
get_path('sub/') -> '/home/hl/.mplayer/sub/'
get_path('default.sub') -> '/home/hl/.mplayer/default.sub'

I run the command:
mplayer -v minfilm.avi -sub subtitles.sub

Why can't mplayer display the subtitles useing -sub?

I can get mplayer to display subtitles useing the command:
mplayer minfilm.avi -vobsub subtitles -slang da

but I want to run the subtitles through mplayer useing dumpmpsub and
dumpmpsub requieres the sub switch to read subtitles!
Is there another way to do this?

The hole idea is that I want the subtitles split up in 2 parts, so they
match to a avi file who are split in 2.

Sincerley
Heine Laursen