[MPlayer-users] Playback poor on 256 colors

Chris Lott lotty_5 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 05:47:25 CET 2004

Hi, I have just started using MPlayer, and so far have foundit to be quite good.  I have one small problem though, I can play an avi file on true color with mplayer and this all works fine, but when I change my pc color settings (Windows 2000) from true color back to 256 colors, the video playback is very poor.  Yet I can still view it correctly with windows media player..  The video is of a graphic presentation, its a 3D fly thought of a process line.

Can anyone please suggest what I may be doing wrong please?

Regards,

Chris.