[MPlayer-users] Gmplayer when loading subtitles show small window about it.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Dec 26 11:46:46 CET 2004

Hi,
> today I tried compile MPlayer 1.0pre6 from source on my Mandrakelinux
> 10 box. ( Before I was installing from rpm. ).
>
> Everything was OK, I think. But when I want watch film with subtitles
> with gmplayer, it shows me  small window. Title of this window is
> "error" and it tell me, that subtitles were added. Movie is playing
> and subtitles are shown. But I must close this window. I want dont
> know about added subtitles like in my previous version.a

Fixed in CVS. Easiest way to fix is to comment out line 769 in mplayer.c
(i.e. add // at the start of the line containing
MSGTR_AddedSubtitleFile)

> Yet one little question: "make install" dont copied codecs.conf
> anywhere. I havent it in  ~/.mplayer/ or in /etc/mplayer.

This is exactly how it should be. Do not have a codecs.conf lying around
somewhere unless you really need it (a matching version is built into
the binary).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger