[MPlayer-users] vobsub subtitles

Milos Prudek prudek at bvx.cz
Thu Dec 30 04:33:13 CET 2004

I'm pretty experienced with mplayer command line but the
following problem puzzles me.

The problem: vobsub format subtitles

mplayer does not display vobsub subtitles. This is the only
movie with vobsub that I have.

No error messages. I guess the subtitles may display offscreen?

Here's a relevant output from 'mplayer -v':

vobsub: ignoring scale: 100%, 100%
vobsub: ignoring alpha: 100%
vobsub: ignoring smooth: OFF
vobsub: ignoring fadein/out: 50, 50
vobsub: ignoring align: OFF at LEFT TOP
vobsub: ignoring time offset: 0
[vobsub] subtitle (vobsubid): 0 language en
[vobsub] subtitle (vobsubid): 1 language en
Selected VOBSUB language: 0 language: en

The only other clue I have is that I had to use "-slang en",
because until I did, there were error messages "No matching
VOBSUB language found!" and -vobsubid did not make this error
message disappear.

What could it be?

--
Milos Prudek