[MPlayer-users] Building odml index

Edmund Mergl e.mergl at bawue.de
Thu Dec 30 17:34:11 CET 2004

Hi,

yesterday I upgraded my DVD::Rip + transcode installation. A new ripped
DVD seemd to be unusable, because mplayer says:
Playing LohnDerAngst-001.avi.
Cache fill:  6.74% (565248 bytes)    AVI file format detected.
AVI: ODML: Building odml index (2 superindexchunks)

and then it hangs forever.

When I asked on the transcode mailing list for a solution, I was told, that
in the avilib of transcode this odml stuff has been added, and that this opendml
index error has been fixed in mplayer recently.

I tried MPlayer-1.0pre6 as well as MPlayer-20041230 but both show the
same behavior. Using the Windows MediaPlayer for playback of the ripped
DVDs works fine.

Is there any option to turn off the building of this index ?

Edmund