[MPlayer-users] MPlayer compiling error (projid_t)

Konrad Tristram tristram at gmx.de
Thu Dec 30 21:52:07 CET 2004

Hello!

I'm trying to compile MPlayer and / or XMMS on a SunBlade 2000 running
Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9 Generic_112233-12 sun4u sparc SUNW, Sun-Blade-1000,
Solaris 9 s9_58shwpl3 SPARC).
I have no root access to the machine, so I have to run the ./configure with
the prefix option. For the compilations I use GNU Make Version 3.79.1 which
in turn uses gcc 3.2.1.

When compiling I get the following error message (MPlayer):

In file included from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:41,
from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:203,
from ao_esd.c:21:
/usr/include/sys/stream.h:307: parse error before "projid_t"
gmake[1]: *** [ao_esd.o] Error 1

There is a similar error message when compiling xmms. In the stream.h there
is some experimental definition of "db_projid" as "projid_t", but I have no
clue what might be wrong with it.

I tried compiling the programs on a Solaris 8 machine (also a Blade2000,
with slightly different hardware though) and there everything works fine
for both programs. And indeed on the Solaris 8 machines the stream.h
contains no such definition, there is no "projid_t" at all. It actually
seems that the error occurs on all Solaris 9 machines.

The funny thing is, I had both programs compiled successfully some time
ago. There have, however, been patches installed in the meantime.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thank you in advance!