[MPlayer-users] mencoder mandrake and mp3 support

amber newsgrabber at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Feb 1 19:58:52 CET 2004

well, i have mandrake 9.1. for some reason (patent?) the version
of mencoder provided in the rpm package does not contain mp3
support.

i can't compile my own version because i'm not experienced enough.

is there any way to capture tv video with sound in some format
reasonably smaller than raw wave?

is it possible maybe to run mencoder and parallel rawrec|lame?

i guess i could mux both files afterwards...

i tried to run mencoder (with nosound option) and lame but both
programs show in this case "device /dev/dsp busy" problem.
does mencoder have to "use" this device with no sound enabled?

or maybe you have some other solution for me?

otherwise i don't understand mandrake. seems that in this
form mencoder is not usable?...