[MPlayer-users] dvd length issues approaching 1.0 release

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Sun Feb 1 23:31:26 CET 2004

Hi,

As 1.0 is slowly getting nearer and things are being finalised, can
someone say that by the 1.0 release mplayer will actually be able to tell
the length of a dvd? MPlyaer is a stupidly good bit of kit, but I find it
kinda embarrasing to have to see that MPlayer can not successfully tell me
how long a dvd track even is...

Obviously all this information is available within the ifo's on the dvd,
I've written apps myself which will whip out this information in no time.
I can understand why things can be more complicated when you're looking at
streaming and such, but to be able to have the OSD tellnig me i'm 1hr
32mins into a 58 minute film is just daft.

I have seen this area excused on this list before, but if Xine can do
it...

Cheers

Chris

linuxquestions.org