[MPlayer-users] Watching Video through Compsite (Flyvideo 2000)

Yuval Q the-q at myrealbox.com
Wed Feb 4 04:13:30 CET 2004

Hey all.

I found a working Flyvideo 2000 PCI TV card (based on saa7134).
I compiled the last 2.6.1 kernel, with v4l and saa7134 module support (and
added them, ofcourse).
I use MPlayer 1.0-pre3.
I connected to the composite video input a playstation (not ps 2), started it,
and used this command:
mplayer tv://
while I have this option in my config:
tv=driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:input=2:width=384:height=288
Everything works fine until the normal PS opening ends and the fps goes really
low and I get a black screen.
I tried to change the driver into v4l2, but then I recieved:
v4l2: ioctl dequeue buffer failed: Input/output error, idx = 0

1. Why do I get black screen when I use v4l?
2. Why do I get this error message when I try using v4l2?

Thank you very much.