[MPlayer-users] still need help compiling gif support

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri Feb 6 10:20:23 CET 2004

dave giffin wrote:
> I'm trying to compile gif support in mplayer1.0pre3.
> When I do I get the errors displayed below.
> I'm running debian sarge with libungif4.
> I can compile mplayer just fine if I disable gif
> support.

Do you have libungif-dev installed? Whenever you compile software that
depends upon a particular library, you need to have that library's
development package installed too.

If somebody already told you that, then I don't know what the problem
would be. I use sarge too, and mplayer compiles just fine with
libungif4g and libungif-dev.

-Corey