[MPlayer-users] weird behaviour with alsa

c q rsnic at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 7 16:58:47 CET 2004

I've found this funny error. I kept on getting this alsa-init error about
period size undefined. It was defined in my .asoundrc so I just got rid of
it and the same error came up. .asoundrc also has a global equivalent
asound.conf in /etc/. If I set the period_size in asound.conf and exclude
it from my local .asoundrc I get no errors and sound functions fine.
However if it is excluded from either, or add it to .asoundrc, it does not
function. Has anyone else experienced this?
Cheers
Chris

.asoundrc

____________________________