[MPlayer-users] filmdint drops frames?

Frédéric Dupuis freddupuis at iquebec.com
Wed Feb 11 05:09:48 CET 2004

Recently I recorded a telecined TV broadcast using mencoder 1.0pre3 with
filmdint. The image quality was much better, but the A/V sync was
slightly off at the end (video ahead of audio by about 0.4s after 1
hour). My theory is that filmdint got confused during the commercials
and dropped frames once in a while between telecined and non-telecined
material. This is the first time I've used filmdint; normally I use the
exact same other options and never get such A/V sync problems.

Here is the exact command line used:

mencoder tv:// -tv
driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:width=640:height=480:chanlist=us-cable:normid=1:channel=12:fps=29.97 -fps 29.97 -ofps 23.976 -vf filmdint -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=2500 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=112 -o film.avi -frames 110000

Could my theory be correct, or is there some other cause to this
problem? Is there a good way to fix this?

Thanks,

--
Frédéric Dupuis <freddupuis at iquebec.com>