[MPlayer-users] Mplayer Crash

John Cherbini cherbini at BPA.Arizona.EDU
Thu Feb 12 22:44:18 CET 2004

Hello!

I'm using mplayer with freevo.  It works fantastically when I boot into X,
and then run freevo.

I am using the instructions on this page to put the box into a type of
Kiosk mode.

http://www.knet-work.co.uk/freevo-redhat8-guide.htm

When I do this, and try to play a movie, mplayer crashes with this message
in mplayer_stderr.log

"Cannot find HOME directory"

I've tried to set the HOME variable to a few different things by doing
"set HOME=/blah  export HOME" in a few different places, but I assume
that since this is not really logging in to anything, it's creating
problems.

Has anyone run into this?  I've looked all over, and can't find a
solution.  Is there a command-line option I can add to the freevo call to
mplayer to take care of it?

Thanks!

John C.