[MPlayer-users] 2pass recording from hq mpeg4 file

Stefan Sassenberg stefan.sassenberg at gmx.de
Fri Feb 13 11:30:01 CET 2004

Hello,

in the documentation I saw an example for 2-pass encoding from a dvd and
I asked myself it was clever to act with a tv recording like this: I use
mencoder to record some program to an mpeg4 avi using a high bitrate,
lets say 2000kBit/s or more. Then I use the 2-pass strategy to transform
it to an avi with a bitrate of 800kBit/s.

Is this procedure advisable or is there anything that I should change?
Where should I use options for deinterlacing or like vhq?

I usually record in 768x576, PAL.

Regards

Stefan