[MPlayer-users] screenshot extension patch

Ryusuke Miyamoto miya at kirika.org
Sun Feb 15 23:10:27 CET 2004

Hi,
I would like to use screenshot function, but this was not implemented.
So,I've implemented by myself. I attach patch for MPlayer-1.0pre3.
I have tested this only on Debian GNU/Linux(i386-sid). I think this
can work on other UNIX like OS, because OS dependent function is only
"gettimeofday".
#I can build this on i386 FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE, but I've not tested yet.

Supported "vo" are "x11" and "xv",but x11 was supported only 24bit mode.
Because I use information of XImage and XvImage as resolution of
output image,the aspect ratio may differ from what you see on display
in some case.

Supported output formats are "png" and "jpeg", but they are not
selectable. If libpng is installed, output format will be "png"
and if libpng is not installed and only libjpeg is installed,
output format will be "jpeg". You can use libgd, in this case
output format is "png", if you want, but performance is not
so good, so I do NOT recommend using gd.

Usage of this patch is following:

=how to build
==with libgd
1. install libgd
2. apply this patch
(cd MPlayer-1.0pre3;patch -p1 < MPlayer-1.0pre3.screenshotext.patch2)
3. configure
4. edit config.h and add "#define HAVE_GD"
5. build by "make EXTRA_LIB+=-lgd"

==without libgd
1. apply this patch
2. configure
3. make

=how to use
edit ~/.mplayer/input.conf and add "some_char screenshot".
if some_char is 'x',you can get screenshot by pressing 'x' key.

You can get this patch via http.
http://kirika.org/MPlayer-1.0pre3.screenshotext.patch2

--
Ryusuke Miyamoto