[MPlayer-users] Vcdimager + Padding

Burkhard Arenfeld b.arenfeld at arcor.de
Mon Feb 16 21:55:30 CET 2004

I use Mplayer to capture from TV-Card and converting to SVCD format. If
I try to build an CD-image with vcdimager every sector is padded. I
think it's because mplayer (of ffmpeg ?) use a sector size of 2048
intead of 2324 bytes which vcdimager seems to expect. Can I adjust the
sectorsize if i encode to mpeg2 with ffmpeg ?

Example command-line:
mencoder input.avi  -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:aspect=4/3:vqscale=3:vme=5:mbd=1 -oac lavc -lavcopts
acodec=mp2:abitrate=128 -of mpeg -o output.mpg

Output of vcdimager  (partly) :
INFO: scanning mpeg sequence item #0 for scanpoints...
++ WARN: mpeg stream will be padded on the fly -- hope that's ok for you!
++ WARN: autopadding requires to insert additional 36593736 zero bytes
into MPEG stream (due to 132586 unaligned packets of 132587 total)