[MPlayer-users] Re: Filter to convert luma TV->PC?

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Mon Feb 16 22:53:44 CET 2004

Nico wrote:

> I found an Avisynth  filter (ColorYUY(luma="TV->PC"))  that helps
> immensely to remove the
> blockiness in dark areas that I always see on TV with any MPEG encoding
> made with Xvid and Lavc.
>
> Is there an equivalent filter in mplayer?

I think "-vf eq" is what you want (I assume that the avisynth filter
changes the brigthness of the picture).  I don't know which values you
need to set to get the equivalent of "TV->PC" or "PC->TV", but from the
description it should increase/decrease the contrast, so you could try
"-vf eq=0:10" and "-vf eq=0:-10".

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
Be vigilant!