[MPlayer-users] mending vob files

hdp at webmail.co.za hdp at webmail.co.za
Tue Feb 17 16:00:56 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 16:53, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> This isn't "correct" but the way that will work is to cat them all
> together TO A FILE first and then run mencoder on that file.
Thanks for replying.  I did try this, but the sound came out screwed.
Almost like trying to play a corrupt .wma file...

Unfortunately I didn't make the vob files.  I usually use vobcopy to
make one big file.

The reason I want one big file is so that I can use -endpos and -ss
reliably.  If I do cat *.vob | mencoder bla bla -o file.avi -
it works, but I can't specify -ss or -endpos

Thanks
Hans