[MPlayer-users] ATI Radeon 9600XT TV Out - how?

Sebastian Kaps seb-keyword-mplayer.729994 at toyland.sauerland.de
Tue Feb 17 20:37:30 CET 2004

Hi!

I've dumped my old NVidia GeForce card for an ATI 9600XT card (the one
from Asus). I want use mplayer to play videos on my TV. I've had a short
look at the documentation but I couldn't figure out how to do that.

I used nvtv for the NVidia card to de/activate the TV out. For the ATI
card, atitvout seems to do the job. I've managed to get my desktop to
show on the TV as well as on the CRT. Fine. I started mplayer and the
video showed up on the CRT while only a dark blue window appeared on the
TV. Hm :-/

I want:
- the video played on the TV
- accelerated
- with the monitor going into "DPMS off" mode

Is this possible? If yes, how?

--
Ciao, Sebastian