[MPlayer-users] Re: net support for mplayer

Goetz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Wed Feb 18 22:06:19 CET 2004

Am Mi 18 Feb 2004 16:37:59 GMT schrieb angel:
> > This can't be, as I've packaged the live libraries for Mandrake
> > contribs. The 9.2 dir has an older version of the live.com libs.
> Ok. I tried compile from sources in live.com. I will try with yours.
Hi,

it's right, my live package has a patch for gcc build fixes. The
package from the cooker contribs is this one: live-0-0.2004.01.22.1mdk.src.rpm
> > > http://www.cadenaser.es/player/SER-TIC.asx
> > This is a known bug with asf support. The web server said it's a video
> > file, while it's really a playlist file. You can download it with wget
> > and play it with mplayer -playlist SER-TIC.asx.
> I don't understand this point. The mplayer that I desinstalled (which it is the
> mdk version) allows these streams. Why a later version don't allow this?

Mandrake 9.2 ships with mplayer 0.92, which could decode that
stream. Sometimes, new versions introduce new bugs.
>  MPlayer v1.0pre3.
You can get my patched package of 1.0pre3 from plf.zarb.org.

CU
--
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of