[MPlayer-users] slave mode

Joris Van Puyenbroeck Joris.VanPuyenbroeck at ped.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Feb 19 16:09:52 CET 2004

Hello,

I'm using a simple bash script to interrupt (pause) video play at fixed
intervals (10 seconds), and wait for random key input (read) to continue
(second pause).

#!/bin/bash
(while true; do echo pause; read; echo pause; sleep 10; done) | mplayer
-slave -osdlevel 2 test.wmv

But after the first pause, video play continues no matter what.
What am I doing wrong here?
I read the documentation on slave mode protocol thoroughly, but I can't
figure out my mistake.

My version of MPlayer is dev-CVS--3.3.2 (fc-1, apt-get)

Thanks,
Joris

ps: I already asked this on an irc channel and the script worked for
somebody with MPlayer 0.90rc5-3.2.3
url: http://www.psy.kuleuven.ac.be/ortho/