[MPlayer-users] trell + vbitrate

Pablo Morales pablo.morales at abitab.com.uy
Thu Feb 19 17:26:53 CET 2004

HI there guys.

I've been spending alot of time trying to rip some dvd and I come up with
some behavior that I do not understad.
I try  to rip a dvd using the basic options,
vcodec=mpeg4=mv0:mbd=2:v4mv:vbitrate=1600
With this parameters, mp`layers begins to rip, it reaches 1600, then it goes
down to 1200 then rises again and stays betwen the range og 1560, 1600
that's good, this happens  between the fists 5% of encoding, then, I do not
why, it begins to decrease as los as 850, do no not why.

The same happens if I increase the vbitrate to 5000, o what ever,  an even
with vqscale=2, if I include the trellis options, it's worst, for example
vbitrate=1600:trell:cbp,  mplayer begins to encode, reaches 1300, then goes
down to  800, and sometime less than that., if I include vqscale= 2 with
trell, the same,  gos up to 1300, then begins to descrease slowly to 800, or
even less..

I'm using 1.0pre3.3.3, I  installed previos version and the same behavior,
it seems as if mplayer wanted to encode at the bitrate it wants.

I was trying to rip Tomb Rider- the cradle o life, I'm using freebsd 5.2,
and have no installed libfame library, is that library needed for encoding?

Can someone explain why can this be happening?

Thanx..