[MPlayer-users] gmplayer & ltsp problem

A LEÓN aleon at aytomula.es
Mon Feb 23 19:06:53 CET 2004

Hello All from Spain!

I'm running mplayer 0.92 over ltsp v. 4.0 (Debian testing, kernel
2.4.24-1-686, updated today). No problem with it when playing radio
files (mplayer http://www.los 40.com/nuevo_player/40Principales.asx -ao
esd) from command line within KDE: I can hear the radio in workstation.
When I try to run gmplayer (gmplayer http://www.los
40.com/nuevo_player/40Principales.asx; yes, without "-ao esd" option
cause I`ve configured esd as output device in Preferences->Audio), the
gui starts, connects and I can hear a brief sound in workstation; then
freezes and have to kill it.
I'm not using aRts nor alsa, so the sound device isn't blocked by then
and EsounD (esd) seems to work (mplayer works fine). I think there may
be configuration problems with gmplayer.

¿Any help?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.