[MPlayer-users] Scrubbing an mpeg4 movie...

Stephen Mollett molletts at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 23:49:14 CET 2004

Hi,

On Monday 23 February 2004 15:47, Paul Simpson wrote:
> Does anyone know any good settings/tips that will allow me to createa an
> mpeg4 movie that can be scrubbed forwards/backwards than the deafult
> settings allow?

If you want _maximum_ scrubbability, you're best off using a format like
MJPEG, where _every_ frame is a keyframe. Either that, or you'll need to
modify the player to cache entire GOPs in memory (and run it on sufficiently
beefy hardware).

For _improved_ scrubbability, you could simply decrease the keyframe interval
with the keyint=<x> libavcodec option.

Regards,
Stephen