[MPlayer-users] Re: how to stream .NSV video files (WinAmp-Nullsoft ones)

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Fri Feb 27 00:06:28 CET 2004

On 2004.02.26 23:25, gnx wrote:
> Il Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:57:36 +0100, Roberto Togni ha scritto:
>
> > 0.92 is OLD. Please use latest CVS,or at leas 1.0pre3
>
> I've tried, but it's still not working as I need with Live streaming
Sorry, my post was quite obscure. That was a general suggestion, NSV
(both files and streams) are not supported even with current cvs, so
it's expected that you still have the same problem.
> (try www.raiclick.rai.it streamings). When I'll got all info needed
> I'll
> try to submit a bug report
I checked a stream (ultimo tg) and it's streamed with RealMedia rtsp.
These streams are fully supported by cvs version of MPlayer (sorry, i
don't remember if support was already there in 0.92), and you don't
need Live libraries to view them (Real rtsp is different from standard
rtsp, and Live libraries are used for standard rtsp).

If some files on that page are in NSV format, please let me know. If
NSV is starting to become a widespread format, i'll consider adding
support for them in MPlayer G1.
[...]
Ciao,
 Roberto