[MPlayer-users] info on -cbp -mv0 and -qprd

Wayde Milas wmilas at rarcoa.com
Fri Feb 27 19:28:23 CET 2004

I'm trying to grok what cbp -mv0 and -qprd actually do. I've read the
man page descriptions and I've searched around in the ffmpeg newsgroups
but it isnt helping much.

Specifically, I'm curios if they improve picture quality (and under what
circumstances) and what they do to the bitrate.

I THINK cbp is an optimal but more compute intensive version of trellis,
but I'm not sure. I noted that it seems to slightly limit the file size
when using a fixed quatizer of 2.

mv0 and qprd I'm clueless on.

I'm doing high quality encoding with a base encoder line of:
mencoder dvd://1 -o blah.avi -mc 0 -noskip -skiplimit 0 -oac copy -ovc
lavc -vf crop=www:xxx:y:z -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg                2:trell:vmax_b_frames=1:v4mv:autoaspect

I think that line is the optimal high quality line I can come up with
for the mpeg4 ffmpeg codec.. can anyone send suggestions on the 3
options above or my encoder parameters in general?

Thanks,

Wayde