[MPlayer-users] Re: using mp3 file for avi audio

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Fri Feb 27 20:23:44 CET 2004

Matthew Yates wrote:

> mencoder -mc 0 -ovc copy -oac mp3lame -lameopts
> cbr:br=128 -audiofile -audio-delay 9.0 myaudio.mp3 -o
> out.avi myvideo.avi
>
> but the audio doesn't change delay.  If I remove "-mc
> 0" from the above command, the audio is delayed
> properly.  However, I get a bunch of "skipping frame!"
> warnings and the resulting video looks like crap. How
> can I delay audio without ruining video?

As you are reencoding with your commandline, you could decode the mp3 to
wave and use an editor to prepend 9sec of silence.  If you don't want to
reencode, you should use -oac copy.  In that case you could generate a
mp3 with 9 secs of silence and prepend it to myaudio.mp3 (just use cat
silence.mp3 myaudio.mp3 > new.mp3).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
              -> Insert obvious Terry Pratchet reference here <-