[MPlayer-users] codec for audio format 0x56444152

Daniel Eriksson daner964 at student.liu.se
Sun Feb 29 17:03:05 CET 2004

Hi.
I have problems with a movie that mplayer refuses to play. I've searched
on the web. Seems others have had this exact problem, but I didn't find
any solution. The problem seems to be that mplayer cant find the audio
codec dvaudio. Don't really know why. Here comes a cut from mplayer's
output:

RAWDV file format detected.
Opening audio decoder: [libdv] Raw DV Audio Decoder
Unknown/missing audio format -> no sound
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
Cannot find codec 'dvaudio' in libavcodec...
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x56444152.

(I think that's the relevant part) Anyone knows what could be wrong
here? I don't remember seeing any error messages about this when
compiling mplayer. Running 1.0pre3.

/Daniel