[MPlayer-users] suggestion

Karl Wood mplayer at shevek.f9.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 19:01:16 CET 2004

Have you tried passing floating point values to -ss ? I routinely edit
files to frame accuracy using mjpegtools, which creates editlists with
positions to frame accuracy. So when I mencode, I process the editlist
to give arguments suitable for -ss and -endpos. I divide the integer
frame values by 25.0 (for PAL) to get a floating point result in Tcl.

I haven't noticed edits that are rounded to the nearest second, and I
haven't looked at the mencoder source to backup my suggestion, but if
this fix might work for you, it's worth a quick experiment?