[MPlayer-users] Re: How to pause mencoder

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Fri Jan 2 23:27:03 CET 2004

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 08:16:23PM -0800, rcooley wrote:

> I appreciate the tip, I'll be looking into the kernel patches shortly...

Kernel patches for Linux in this regard is interesting maybe for
archeological research. See athcool. Too bad the power savings make my
system flaky. Sure, power consumption drops, but then some processes
drop and eventually the whole system drops. In effect, I get better
power saving with the power button.

Better luck with some other hardware, I have an Asus A7S333 motherboard
with SiS745 chipset and Athlon XP 1900+.