[MPlayer-users] cmp/subcmp/precmp failure

Sun Jan 4 19:53:13 CET 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, D Richard Felker III wrote:

DRFI>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
DRFI>On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 07:56:49PM +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
DRFI>> I thought about uploading this vob file, but it's so huuuge and I have
DRFI>> only a modem connection. It happens on 6'th minute, is it possible to
DRFI>> cut a fragment from vob file?
DRFI>
DRFI>Just guess the byte range and cut it out with dd. Make sure the crash
DRFI>still happens with it cut, too!

Thanks, I made a 512k-chunk. I'll upload it with comment soon.

I noted another strange thing. I cropped video to size 704:434; I
thought that maybe that happens because 434 can't be divided by 4,
changed it to 432 - and everything worked fine. But that wasn't
acceptable - when cropping 432, an ugly flashing colored bar appears in
the last line (can anybody explain, why?), so I tried rescaling. I
scaled to 704:400 - the numbers are perfect, but... crash again. There
are also other positions in the movie were mplayer crashes the same way.

--

Vladimir