[MPlayer-users] laptop display

Adam Naumowicz adamnaumowicz at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 4 21:45:40 CET 2004

Hello,

I've been trying to use mplayer on my Fujitsu Siemens
Amilo D laptop running Suse linux 9.0, but still with
no luck. I downloaded and compiled the sources and
installed it as usual. The problem is with the display
- no matter what display driver I set in linux X,
mplayer doesn't produce a valid window, but renders
the top of my screen with some random mangled stripes.
I tried to set different monitors and different
graphic card drivers but the result is always the
same. I guess it is not a codec problem (I tried many
video files) since the output says:
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec
codec family
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg
MPEG-4)
Does anyone have an idea what can be wrong?
Any help appreciated.
Best,
Adam Naumowicz