R: Re: [MPlayer-users] Karaoke and MIDI in Mplayer...

Andrea barb3tta barb3tta at aliceposta.it
Tue Jan 6 11:29:38 CET 2004

Adam Nielsen ha scritto:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>

>>Geexbox Is a minidistribution on a cd that runs only mplayer for playing
>>video and audio files.
>>

>Oh ok, that makes more sense.
>

>>The only thing we (me and many other geexbox users) need is midi and
>>karaoke support in mplayer.
>>

>Is there any reason why you have to have MIDI files mixed in with other format
>files?  If you only want to play a bunch of MIDIs you can use Timidity by
>itself - "timidity *.mid"  However since Timidity is probably not installed,
>it would be a much cleaner solution to include XMMS + plugins with Geexbox (I
>can't imagine running Linux without XMMS!!!)
>
>Cheers,
>Adam.

Hi, I use geexbox because is a small distribution that lets me play any
kind of media, turning my pc into a HTPC, so it would be nice if that
distribution can play midi and view lyrics on the screen.
If you use geexbox with a small pc connected to a TV, you can wach
movie, listen to music and do some karaoke with your friends..... i
think it would be great!!!
doe xmms + midi plugin show lyrics?

thanks a lot,
cheers