[MPlayer-users] Quicktime Sound Woes

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Jan 8 03:23:14 CET 2004

Logan Rathbone wrote:

> Opening audio decoder: [qtaudio] QuickTime Audio Decoder
> win32 libquicktime loader (c) Sascha Sommer
> Standard init done you may now call supported functions
> loader_init DONE???
> loader_init DONE!
> Error no 12
> VirtualAlloc(0x0x66800000, 4259840) failed
> External func COMCTL32.dll:17
> External func COMCTL32.dll:16
> Unsupported QuickTime version (0x170b7330)
> InitializeQTML:268498899
> ADecoder preinit failed :(
> ADecoder init failed :(
> Cannot find codec for audio format 0x324D4451.
> Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

Ok. It's the same problem as you were having before. It's trying to load
the binary codec, and failing. I don't know what "Error no 12" means...
Here's what that part is supposed to look like when everything goes ok:

Opening audio decoder: [qtaudio] QuickTime Audio Decoder
win32 libquicktime loader (c) Sascha Sommer
Standard init done you may now call supported functions
loader_init DONE???
loader_init DONE!
External func COMCTL32.dll:17
External func COMCTL32.dll:16
QuickTime6 DLLs found
QuickTime.qts patched!!! old entry=0x6693b330
theQuickTimeDispatcher catched -> 0x6693b330
Win32 Warning: Accessed uninitialized Critical Section (0x66bc4210)!
WARNING! Invalid Ptr handle!
Win32 Warning: Accessed uninitialized Critical Section (0x66bc41f8)!

Are you using the quicktime 5 dlls, or quicktime 6? If you don't know,
try each of them from:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/

-Corey