[MPlayer-users] Problem ripping Audio from stream.

Nathan Morell frizop at charter.net
Thu Jan 8 06:49:21 CET 2004

    A little background on the story, I've been trying to get a Video
encoded as a mpeg2 SVCD compatable mpg for a while now, and I'd just
like to try and get the process underway here. When trying to transcode
a file it gives me some weird errors;

_ie:_
[export_mp2enc.so] (45/4096) cmd=mp2enc -v 0 -r 44100 -b 128 -s -o
"athf.mpa"
big_values too large! 509
Blocktype == 0 and window-switching == 1 not allowed.
Can't step back 255!

next I tried to dump the audio with mplayer to get it proper.

_ie:_
mplayer -dumpaudio Aqua\ Teen\ Hunger\ Force\ -\ The\ Cloning\ -\ Xavier.avi
<snip>
Playing Aqua Teen Hunger Force - The Cloning - Xavier.avi.
AVI file format detected.
VIDEO:  [DX50]  512x384  24bpp  23.975 fps  1045.2 kbps (127.6 kbyte/s)
Core dumped ;)

Exiting... (End of file)

obviously nor of these two examples work. I have a feeling that the
problem is within the audio on that file [which plays perfectly fine
normally.] But is there a way to get around this?

--Nathan