[MPlayer-users] Problem with playing VCDs

R Karthick charisma at symonds.net
Thu Jan 8 10:42:14 CET 2004

Hi

I am using Debian Woody, with Mplayer 0.92-2.95.4. My MP3s are playing
nice with it, but when i try to play VCDs or any other video files like
avi or mpeg, my monitor somehow goes out of sync.It goes to the suspend or
off mode automatically. if I try to play it from the console, it shutsdown
saying a error message.

Should I apply any update to it to make it play VCDs. Or should I compile
it with some options? I recently switched to debian, I didnt had any
problem with Red Hat Linux in playing these files.

TIA,
R Karthick

--
You are the one, the only one