[MPlayer-users] GUI bug?

Birzan George Cristian ymir at wolfheart.ro
Thu Jan 8 14:35:34 CET 2004

Hello

I'm having some issues with the GUI version of mplayer here I would like
some feedback on.
I've been experiencing this problem for some time now, but it was only
sporadic, with the latest CVS version, it happens every time.
The problem manifests itself whenever I try to switch to double
size/fullscreen after the movie started playing (-fs, from the command
line works, but trying to switch from that doesn't). After I try to
switch, mplayer doesn't stop playing, but everything else becomes
unresponsive. I can still move the mouse, but only in the active window,
clicks are being ignored, not even Ctrl+Alt+Backspace kills XFree, I can
connect to TCP ports on the box, but nothing comes from the listening
daemon. In the mean time, the hard drive of the machine is grinding
away.
The only solution I've found was to reboot the machine (after waiting
for 30 minutes for it to complete whatever it was doing).

Here're relevant informations about my machine (as per
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html):

Linux heimdall 2.6.0-test11 #1 Wed Dec 24 23:59:14 EET 2003 i686 GNU/Linux
Debian Sid, current version

libc-2.3.2, Debian package 2.3.2.ds1-10
gcc version 3.3.3 20031229 (prerelease) (Debian), Debian package
3.3.3-0pre1
GNU ld version 2.14.90.0.7 20031029 Debian GNU/Linux, Debian package
2.14.90.0.7-3 (Same for GNU as)
Openbox 2.3.1, Debian package 2.3.1-4, even though it happens in other
window managers as well.
GTK, Debian package libgtk1.2, version 1.2.10-16
GLIB, Debian package libglib1.2, version 1.2.10-9
libpng, Debian package libpng12-0, version 1.2.5.0-4

/proc/cpuinfo:

processor	: 0
vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 6
model		: 3
model name	: AMD Duron(tm) Processor
stepping	: 1
cpu MHz		: 800.296
cache size	: 64 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips	: 1572.86

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV5M64 [RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro] (rev 15)
nVidia binary driver, version 1.0.4496
ALSA drivers included with kernel, for:
00:07.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)

If there's any more info I could provide, please let me know.

--
Birzan George			Violence is the last refuge of
  Cristian			the incompetent -- Salvor Hardin