[MPlayer-users] supported matrox card and double head card

Thomas tkran2002 at yahoo.de
Thu Jan 8 21:14:13 CET 2004

If speed is not so important get a passive cooled G400 32MB DH on ebay/shop with the correct cable (!).

I've tested the G450 and G400 with mplayer and freevo.
The tvout-configuration/hardware with the G400 is better and easier.
The quality is also better. I had a lot of trouble with the G450
and didn't get it to work. Framebuffer, mga_vid and X11-clone works perfectly with my
Sony TV. I haven't configured the dfbmga yet, because of needed kernel/hardware config.
Also beautiful in output is an old HW+/DXR3 from Sigma Designs/Creative
(but only recommended for movies cause lack of hardware acceleration).

This is my opinion from my experiences. I tried to set up a G450 and failed.
Reading some internet articles I decided to buy a G400 and I'm glad to do so.