[MPlayer-users] supported matrox card and double head card

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Jan 9 19:17:43 CET 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 08:36:31AM +0100, tarass at club-internet.fr wrote:
> Le 01/09/2004 08:27 AM, Mario Medina Nussbaum a joliment écrit :
> >[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> >do you tested with a mpg2 decoder?
> >
> >What will be better, a mpeg decoder or the matrox?
> >
> >I need 2 cards, one for displaying an administration console and the other
> >to display the video.
> >

> Once your matrox DirectFB is set you can have the console (even X) on TV
>  simply with setting correct pal fbmode in fbmodes.
> You don't need two cards.

IMO the dual head doesn't work very well. The second head is
nonaccelerated and actually having fb drivers loaded for both heads
sometimes causes kernel panics during vo swithcing or fb-to-console
remapping. My recommendation would be to get 2 matrox cards (perhaps a
PCI G200 for console and an AGP G400 for TV, or both AGP if you have a
board with 2 AGP slots).

Rich