[MPlayer-users] how to view rtsp session stream for windows media server

Sriram Natarajan srinatar at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 00:10:47 CET 2004

Hey
 I apologize for such wide distribution.
 I was wondering, if some one could guide me on how to
view a windows media server stream (.asf) under rtsp
protocol that requires authentication as well as
session state. I have necessary user name and password
to view the stream in windows but I could  not figure
out how to input these values with our mplayer so that
i can view it on linux as well.

 After spending some time, I observed that if the
windows media server does not require a session state
as well as authentication, then our mplayer works fine
and is able to show the stream.

 But, for certain streams, if we require  both
authentication as well as  session state, then our
mplayer is not able to play.
 Please find attached a ethereal packet informations
with windows media player ( when it works ) and packet
informations with mplayer ( when it does not work ).

Any help is very much appreciated.
Thx
Sriram.

=====