[MPlayer-users] mplayer plays backwards - anyone else have this problem?

Jason bug at insectile.com
Sun Jan 11 23:49:14 CET 2004

Hi All -

I'm not sure this is a bug with mplayer specifically yet, so I haven't
made a bug report, but I'd like to see if anyone else has this problem.

I have spent some time looking for similar problems to mine on the net,
and I've tried to replace/upgrade as many packages that are used as
possible in an attempt to correct this problem with no luck.

I am using mplayer 1.0pre-3-3.3.2 on Fedora core 1 with kernel version
2.4.22-1.2135 smp, intel 2.4C HT CPU.

My problem is that when I play a video using gmplayer of any kind, with
any skin in either gnome or KDE, it will eventually start playing
backwards rapidly (as if you were holding down the back arrow on the
keyboard) and the only way to have it start playing forwards again is
to tap the back arrow on the keyboard once.  Then it will play, but all
further keyboard input will be ignored.  I've tried using multiple
keyboards in case that was the problem and it doesn't seem to make a
difference.

I have three computers here using fedora core 1 and this is the only
computer with the problem (and of course is the one I need it to work
on the most).  I've spent weeks trying to correct this, so any
information you can give me would be great.  I've tried a few of the
recent pre-release versions and they all seem to have this problem for
me.

Let me know if there is anything I can do or if I can supply more
information that might help determine what my issue is.

Best Regards
Jason