[MPlayer-users] mplayer plays backwards - anyone else have this problem?

Jason bug at insectile.com
Mon Jan 12 17:49:01 CET 2004

On 11-Jan-04, at 9:48 PM, Georgi Georgiev wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> maillog: 11/01/2004-14:49:14(-0800): Jason types
>> My problem is that when I play a video using gmplayer of any kind,
>> with
>> any skin in either gnome or KDE, it will eventually start playing
>> backwards rapidly (as if you were holding down the back arrow on the
>> keyboard) and the only way to have it start playing forwards again is
>> to tap the back arrow on the keyboard once.  Then it will play, but
>> all
>> further keyboard input will be ignored.  I've tried using multiple
>> keyboards in case that was the problem and it doesn't seem to make a
>> difference.
>
> I had a similar problem. Turned out to be my joystick.

Thanks Georgi!

I'll try that when I get home, but that is almost certainly the
problem.  I have a force feedback joystick hooked up that always falls
to one side when it is not in use - this had gotten me before when I
opened up Tux Racer and tried to play with the keyboard but Tux kept
going left.... just didn't even think that MPlayer would use the
joystick.

If that turns out to be my problem, I will be very happy!

Jason