[MPlayer-users] A/V sync problems

K.R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Mon Jan 12 18:39:01 CET 2004

Hi,

First of all, I have applied a patch to mplayer to enable me to utilize
the hardware decoding in my Hauppauge pvr 350.
I am using

/usr/local/bin/mplayer -ao oss:/dev/dsp -delay -1.15 -fs -zoom -quiet
-framedrop -vo mpegpes -dvd-device /dev/cdrom dvd://

with the mplayer mpegpes patch to play DVDs. It works great if you don't
ff/rw or pause. If I pause mplayer or skip ahead/back the audio and
video get out of sync never to re-sync again. I know that what I am
using is a hack. Is this problem something that I can get around
somehow? Any ideas? I have searched through the documentation and FAQs
for mplayer. I have tried every documented parameter that I can find
about keeping the A/V in sync, to no avail. Is this because of the
delay? Can one use a delay and successfully keep A/V in sync after
pauses and seeks? Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

kr

--
K.R. Foley