[MPlayer-users] mpeg4 encoding result bitrate

Tue Jan 13 11:44:09 CET 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Mark Williams (MWP) wrote:

MWM>Ok, thanks.
MWM>Looks like ill need to do some testing myself.

If you want to encode with high quality - definitely.

MWM>> After those changes (also without them) the above string works for me,
MWM>> but I'm using mplayer 1.0pre4 & cvs libavcodec. Are you sure you are
MWM>> actually encoding video, you need to use "-ovc lavc" instead of "-ovc
MWM>> copy"? Btw, in future always report complete command line.
MWM>
MWM>Where is 1.0pre4 avaliable from?  And also, is therea page somewhere

Hm.. As I see, it's not listed on the download page, I have cvs version,
and the bottom of changelog says:
pre4: "New Year Release"

MWM>giving the details to get the cvs libavcodec?

ffmpeg.sf.net.

After that, do
cp -r ffmpeg/libavcodec main/

However, _your_ problem is most likely related to something else, so
updating mplayer & libavcodec won't help you as is and not really
required. It isn't bad thing to do, though.

--

Vladimir