[MPlayer-users] RE: Welcome to the "MPlayer-users" mailing list

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Jan 14 11:16:33 CET 2004

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:09:28 +0800
"Yang Sun" <yasun at bea.com> wrote:

> I am a niebie to this great tool. Now I have some problems when
> I use the mplayer to listen to some asf file.

Maybe you should try to read the documentation first.

> I have downloaded the mplayer-common (1192 KB), mplayer (1557
> KB), mplayer-gui (1831 KB) , and default skin package (213 KB)
> specified on the page
> ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/rathann/mplayer.html. I think it
> is the most recent stable version, isn't it?

Yes, that's the most recent release

> $mplayer free.asf the free.asf contain the internet
> address of the radio station. And I can use it in Win2k machine
> with the MP9.

That is where you make the mistake. RTFM.

> How I should do to remove this problem?

RTFM

> You must know your password to change your options (including
> changing the password, itself) or to unsubscribe.  It is:
>
>   817805

Very bad idea, very bad.
You should never reply to a mail if you start a new thread
Especialy not if it contains a password.
I suggest that you go to the list site (see below) and change
your password imediatly.
And read also the guidelines for the mailinglists in the documentation
and the mentioned links.

				Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu