[MPlayer-users] Resizing video frame with mplayer for SVCD

romildo at uber.com.br romildo at uber.com.br
Sat Jan 17 12:58:07 CET 2004

Hello.

I want to know how to properly resize a movie
for SVCD with mplayer. I have tried the expand
and scale filters, but I did not get the expected
result. The movie is an AVI with frame size
800x344. The logic I logic I am following is this:

1) First add top and bottom black borders to
   bring the frame size to a 4:3 aspect ratio

   -vf expand=:600

2) Then scale to 480x480

   -vf scale=480:480

3) And set the aspect ratio to 4:3

   -aspect 4:3

But this procedure is not working. The resulting
video gets completelly borked. I have uploaded
an image of the original movie at

   http://uber.com.br/romildo/misc/preview_grab_error.jpg

and of the resulting movie at

   http://uber.com.br/romildo/misc/preview_grab_error.jpg

It looks like a bug in mplayer, doesn't it?

Any help?

Romildo

PS: This same procedure works with transcode.